No Bake Energy Bites
Some mornings, you need something to just grab and go. I made these last night and left them in the fridge because I knew I probably wouldn’t get time in the morning. These are made with oatmeal, toasted coconut, chocolate chips, peanut butter, honey, flax seeds and almonds. #energybites #snacks #foodphotography #foodblogger #foodie #sweets #breakfast #instagood #instafood
Here’s the recipe:
- Oatmeal, 1 cup of raw steel cut oats (don't use flavoured oats)
- Toasted coconut, half a cup (preferably unsweetened)
- Chocolate chips, half a cup
- Peanut butter, 2/3 a cup
- Honey, half-2/3 a cup
- Flax seeds, ground to a powder, quarter cup
- Almonds, crushed finely or powdered, quarter cup (I used powdered)
- Vanilla extract - 3 tablespoons
- Mix all the above and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- The consistency should be that it mixes well and can hold, if needed, you can add more peanut butter to help the hold.
- Make little round balls with the mix.
- Sprinkle some more toasted coconut flakes on them.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. (After you can just keep it in the ridge and take them out when you're ready to eat them).