If you’re looking to make a easy crowd-pleasing appetizer, or got invited to a pot-luck and need to make something, chicken bites are a good choice. They are quick, easy and seem to satisfy guests as dinner parties. In this I used organic chicken.
- Chicken pieces, breast pieces are the best as they cook throughout- 10
- Flour - 1/3 cup
- Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1 tablespoon (or more if you like)
- Roasted Red Chilli Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Black peppercorns - ground, 1 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon - 2 tablespoons of juice, some to garnish
- Parsley, chopped to garnish
- Butter or oil for baking
- Red onion - for garnish
- Yogurt - for garnish/heat control
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Clean chicken pieces, pat them dry with paper towels and place them in a dry plastic bag.
- Add flour, turmeric, paprika, black peppercorns, red chilli powder, and salt to the bag and shake to mix the spices.
- Butter or slightly oil a baking tray and put the wings on the tray and bake for half an hour.
- Flip the pieces and bake for another 10 minutes, then broil on low for another 5 minutes. If you have no bone pieces and only chicken breast meat, you can reduce your cooking time by 3-4 minutes (but this can vary on the size of pieces). Just ensure your chicken is cooked throughout.
- Make sure you watch the oven to make sure you aren't overcooking the chicken.
- Once you are ready to serve, chop some red onion and add it as a garnish. This will taste good with the chicken too. You can also drizzle some yogurt over this and enjoy. (Or hot sauce if you like things spicy)
- If you like, you can also add some cheese near the end to melt on the chicken, this actually tastes pretty good, but it is optional.
- Make sure you broil the chicken pieces in the end, this will make the wings nice and crispy.
- You can serve this with some lemon squeezed over them with hot sauce, ranch or any dipping sauce of your choice.
- If this is too spicy for you, reduce the heat elements, or serve with a dairy based dip that will bring down the hear.
Leave a Comment
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.