Chilli Sweet Potato Fries
If you’re looking for a savoury snack, something to watch while you watch TV, then I’d recommend these chilli sweet potato fries. It’s kind of like the Maravalli Kilangu Chips (Cassava Chips). It’s very quick, simple and if your have a mini-convention oven very hassle free.
- Sweet potato - 1, sliced very thinly (I used a medium sized one)
- Jaffna curry powder - quarter tablespoon
- Chilli powder - half a tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Cut the sweet potato into thin slices.
- Boil until the fries are half-3/4 cooked.
- Line a tray with the sweet potato fries and sprinkle chilli powder, salt and Jaffna curry powder to the slices and let it sit for 5 minutes. I used the measurements I like, but you can add less or more depending how many sweet potatoes and the size of your sweet potato.
- Let it broil in the oven (I used a mini oven) for 3-4 minutes on each side. Make sure you check to prevent burning as the temperatures can vary from oven to oven, and would probably take less time in an oven versus a mini-oven.
- Add some more salt (and chilli powder if needed) mix the chips in a bowl.
- Enjoy with your favourite TV show or game.