Mangai Sambal (Raw Green Mango Sambal)
It’s always about balance in Tamil dishes. There are a variety of different dishes that cater to different tastes – this is a great tangy side dish to accompany any meal. I really enjoy it with veggie dishes. It’s quick, simple, and adds a pop of colour to dishes (good to make when you’re entertaining).
- Raw Green Mango - 1, grated
- Ginger - thumb size, grated
- Coconut - two tablespoons
- Shallots - Diced finely, 3-4
- Lime/Lemon - Juice, 1-2 teaspoons
- Sugar - brown
- Mix grated raw green mango, grated ginger, shredded coconut, shallots and salt in a dish. Squeeze some lemon juice over the dish.
- Add half a tablespoon - 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and mix. (The amount depends on how sour your mango is, if it is ore sour, add a little bit more brown sugar).
Leave a Comment
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.