Murungakkai Paal Curry (Drumstick Milk Curry)
Murungakkai paal curry is a great addition to a vegetarian meal. It’s a simple recipe that kids and adults can both enjoy.
- Murungakkai, 3 stalks - cleaned, and chopped into thumb length pieces
- Shallots - 5-6
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Green chillies or red dry chillies - 2-3, slivered
- Mustard seeds - quarter tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - half a tablespoon
- Peppercorns - 4-5
- Fenugreek seeds - quarter tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - quarter tablespoon
- Curry leaves - ~10
- Coconut milk powder or coconut milk
- Optional - some people like adding tomatoes to this, if you like to, add just half a chopped tomato after you sauté the onions.
- In a pot, boil the murungakkai until it is 3/4 boiled and set aside with salt.
- Heat oil in a seperate pan and add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the garlic, peppercorns, onions and saute until the onions change colour.
- Add the murungakkai and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk powder or coconut milk and mix well. Boil on low heat after you add the coconut milk powder, because you do not want to bring it to a boil. You just want to cook on low heat, or even on the residual heat. I often used coconut milk powder, I use one heaped tablespoon mixed with a little water. You can adjust this depending on the consistency you like.
- Adjust for salt and serve.
Leave a Comment
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.